Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Done with the Diet !!

So I have been on a horrible no Iodine diet for the past few weeks (not of my own free will, it was Doctor ordered). I could eat anything I wanted... as long as there is no Salt, Dairy, Eggs, or Red Dye #3. What can I eat you ask?? Friut, Veggies, 5 oz of meat (with nothing on it) and anything home made that doesn't contain any of the ingredients listed above. It has been really hard. But I didn't cheat once. I took the Radiation pill on Friday then went to Vegas with the Ault Family to see Donny & Marie. The concert was awesome, but I still say that Marie is a much better performer than Donny. She was amazing !! I hope I look that good when I'm her age with 8 kids......lol I better get working if I'm going to have 8 kids ;) Anyways we went to eat at Cheesecake Factory and the awesome waiter brought me the best meal I had in weeks. Steak, and Green Beans with nothing on them. It was fabulous ! Then to top the night off, I stood next to the waiter and he made me feel tall !! What a great night !



Then when I got home I did the thyroid scan on Monday and on Tuesday my (hot and single) Doctor called me and told me that scan was normal. (wow that's a first for me...... being called normal) So my first meal was a salad from Bajio and ice cream from Cold Stone. So my Thyroid is Cancer Free !! Here is a picture of the salad I ate !! It was soooo good, but it gave me bad heartburn because I haven't eaten anything like that for a while.


Things I missed......... Cheese, Milk, Olives, and Ice Cream !!! But I really did appreciate the diet because I found a lot of foods that are very healthy that I really like. So I am going to start eating healthy. Yeah For Me !! Oh yes, I also got a fresh peach shake from Taco Amigo today. It was the last day, so it was perfect timing ! Thanks Andrea for the last day heads up ;)

1 comments:

Jamie said...

You're so amazing. . . I could never have survived that diet! Way to go girlfriend!!!