Monday, March 17, 2008

Old McAnita had a Farm.....

Saturday was a big day, we got 10 baby chickens and 7 baby lambs. The chickens I got to get fresh eggs. The Lambs are my Dads. (surprised ??) They are so cute !! We have to bottle feed them 3 times a day and its a lot of work. There have been a lot of visitors coming to see the new additions.
So this morning I was working out and heard some commotion in the chicks house. So I called for Liz & Shelby. I thought that Lucky (the dog) was locked up in the Bathroom. Anyways Shelby came down and I told her to check on the chicks. Next I heard a HORRIFYING scream from Shelby. Yes, Lucky killed 3 of the chickens this morning. Shelby is traumatized for life. She cried for at least an hour. Grandpa told her that they went to Heaven and she cried harder. She finally stopped crying when I told her that she could take one of the Baby Lambs for Show & Tell. So we put a Green Bow in the "runt's" hair for St. Pattricks Day and took her to show & tell. The class loved it !!











2 comments:

Angela said...

So do they all live in your house? =) We'll have to stop by and see them the next time we're up there.

Tiffany said...

How stinkin cute! That is the cutest lamb I have seen!!